cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Clear Active Alert from Notifications

Jump to solution

Since we installed our Juniper core routers we've been receiving alerts for Available Disk Space less then 20%. We've checked this out and it isn't an issue, but I cannot figure out how to stop these alerts from triggering. We receive 10 emails (5 for each router) every day at the same time (well except I somehow moved one alert to a different time).

Last week I tried going into the specific alert for Available Disk Space and excluding the nodes by name... that backfired as I somehow doubled the number of emails received. I don't want to turn the alert all the way off as it does keep an eye on our SQL server. I also tried acknowledging an alert and also deleting one, but they all came back. One of those ways is how I moved the time the one alarms, probably when I deleted.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for stopping these alerts from emailing? I was also wondering if it could be the Juniper platform itself since these are the only Junipers on the network. The triggering object looks very Juniperish: ...mounted on: /packages/mnt/jkernel-ppc-14.1R4.10 is one example. The path is slightly different on the other errors.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 9

Just some feedback, I'm waiting for the alert time this afternoon to see if it made a difference. Despite not seeing the drives listed when I check resources under the Node, I did find them listed when I go to Manage Nodes and expand the resources. I deleted one as a test to see if I only get 4 rather 5 alerts.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 16

what is the alert scope set on? and on what object are you alerting on? That matters...

Or you can create a custom property and assign for the nodes u want to alert on and then create a alert on this...it would resolve your prob...

0 Kudos
Level 9

Ah see I was hoping someone would say something that would lead me down a different path then what I have been looking at.

The Alert scope is set on All objects in my environment. When I show the list I see the specific child objects... wondering if I can eliminate those specific ones? It looks like an auto detection method. I looked at the specific node in question to see if the disks were being monitored under resources and the option is there, but they are not checked. Can I alter the auto detection of child objects? I'm searching around for that as you read this

0 Kudos
Level 9

Just some feedback, I'm waiting for the alert time this afternoon to see if it made a difference. Despite not seeing the drives listed when I check resources under the Node, I did find them listed when I go to Manage Nodes and expand the resources. I deleted one as a test to see if I only get 4 rather 5 alerts.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 16

Sorry I couldn't respond...

Guess you resolved on your own... 🙂

0 Kudos
Level 9

Sure enough, deleting these stopped the alerts. YAY! 10 less emails a day!

0 Kudos