This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cisco Wireless Monitoring

Hello all,

I was just reaching out to see if any of you have tips or tricks with monitoring cisco wireless equipment. I'm not really seeing a whole lot other than the basic wireless view that shows the APs and clients connected to those APs. Please let me know as anything will be greatly appreciated! THANKS!

• jdjones1992

What other details are you looking for?  If SolarWinds is not showing the details you are looking for and there is and OID for it, it should be able to be created using the UnDP tool and adding to SolarWinds that way.

• That's mostly what we're getting, but it's ok for our requirements.  We are using the Wireless Heat Maps, which are nice.   If you have a floor plan for your building you can set this up with Network Atlas.  You need to remember to set the scale of the floor plan and also run the signal sampling tool in Atlas for better results.

WirelessHeatMapExample.jpg