cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 8

Cisco Switch Stacks

Is there a way to add custom properties (asset tag info) to the individual switches in a switch stack?

I am looking to add the info and be able to grab it in some reporting.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Cisco Switch Stacks

This what you're after?

pastedImage_0.png

Highlighted
Level 13

If that is what you're after here is how to report on the serial numbers

https://support.solarwinds.com/Success_Center/Network_Performance_Monitor_(NPM)/Create_a_report_show...

I have a feeling its NPM 12 and onwards only

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Got that already, though I would like to add info to the report, so when I pull serial #s it can also pull the (custom) asset tag info

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

That I already have, though I would like to get a custom property in there to add asset tag info to each switch in the stack.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Ahh okay! Mmmm I don't think there is away without playing about with the Database however I'm sure I might be corrected.

You could also add the asset information to the main interface of each switch and the add in an extra field of the report linked above? Not the best way round it but its an idea. I will have a play an see if I can find an easy way

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

The only way I can see so far would be to add (up to) 9 new fields in the custom property editor, and add the asset tag for each individual switch in that stack, but that would be an ugly solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Might have found a way If you type in stack into reports you should see a Cisco one that has already been done by Solarwinds. In there, there is a field called Asset ID. One would assum that if you added an ID on the physical device under Asset ID it would display in that report... Or change the device description in the CLI

pastedImage_1.png

Highlighted

grantallenby​,  I found this report.  I like the information here but want to manipulate it a bit.  Do you know of a way to get into the code of the reports to work with it? 

CourtesyIT

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Hey CourtesyIT​,

Which bit are you after?

Do you just mean getting the SQL/SWQL of the web report like you could do with report writer? If so the below will help.

"access the Orion server that hosts the web console and launch the Log Adjuster tool.

From Log Adjuster, enable all items related to Orion Hubble, click apply.

Then, launch the web report on its own browser tab/page.

You'll notice that there's a section that you can expand to see all the details from Orion Hubble.

From those details, you'll be able to see the SWQL used for generating the web report.

Copy the SWQL query and save it to notepad or somewhere.

Go back to Log Adjuster and disable any Orion Hubble stuff, hit apply."

Credit to ekis​ for the above, if it is what you're after.

Let me know either way

0 Kudos