cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

Cisco Inventory Report

Jump to solution

Is there a way with SW to create a report for cisco switches? I am able to get everything except added the serial.

HostName/Node Name, IP, End of Support, End of Sales, End of SW, Part Number

Labels (2)
1 Solution
Level 12

marnell​ Do you have NCM? If you do, you can run the NCM inventory report 'Physical Entities (Serial Number) v2'. I have included screenshots for the report listing and a sample of what is included in the report.

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 1.17.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 1.17.02 PM.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Level 11

Hello!

These reports seem to pull some sort of serial number. However, when i go to my cisco device and do a show ver or show inv they serials do not match. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Level 12

marnell​ Do you have NCM? If you do, you can run the NCM inventory report 'Physical Entities (Serial Number) v2'. I have included screenshots for the report listing and a sample of what is included in the report.

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 1.17.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 1.17.02 PM.png

View solution in original post

There are many discrepancies though for Cisco serials. Many threads on this one.

Here is the result a ticket I opened on this...we were never able to get a single report to give all Cisco serial data.

"Since some of the OIDs for service tag or serial number for some nodes/devices cannot be polled by default and creating through a custom poller should show this – when creating a report, this will be really separate to the default report we have that can be polled out of the box. We can only send this in 2 separate attachment via report scheduler but putting it in one report may not be possible as they are queried in 2 separate tables in the database. I suggest as a work-around is to export both report to Excel and combine manually the data."

0 Kudos

Than you this worked. What other areas of Solarwinds are you good or have some experience with?

0 Kudos

marnell​ I am the Product Manager for NCM. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions - otherwise I will see your post here and answer if the community has not.

0 Kudos