This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cisco Catalyst monitoring

Hi there. I have had this issue since the early releases and thought it had gone away with version 6.4 but I don't think it has. Is there any plan yet to resolve the UDP buffer overflow problem when trying to monitor a large number of interfaces on a Cisco catalyst 6500? I have been told by Solarwinds support that this a Cisco problem but have not seen any other monitoring products do this i.e. Eye of the storm, Openview etc. I also am aware that the problem is due to trying to poll to many times in 1ms. Surely this is easy to fix? Can the polling frequency not be spread over 30 seconds or something so that this does not become a problem? This way at least every poll would still work at the same interval. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

kind regards

John

This is the CatOs we are running cat6000-sup2k8.7-4-2.bin,1;