This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cisco 3850 switch, reporting incorrect temperature

There was a topic about this from 2nd/3rd QTR 2014 but the "resolution" did not work for me. We just bought our Cisco 3850's in Nov/Dec 2014 so I already had newer version of IOS than the other folks. I didn't want to spark up a discussion that was already marked as answered. Has anyone successfully resolved the incorrect temperatures issue?

• If you upgrade to 11.5 - we have the ability to modify individual sensor status / thresholds.

• What version of the IOS are you running on the 3850.  I have similar issues.  I upgrade to 3.6.x and the issue has been resolved.  I am in the middle of switch refresh project so I cannot upgrade all my switches but they are running 3.3.x and suffer from the issue.  When the project is complete, I will have to go back and upgrade the IOS.  You can also resolve the issue by multiplying the result from the oid by 10 and that will clear it.   This is the fourth thread in Solarwinds concerning this issue.  You may want to search more deeply as there are better explanations of why this is occurring.  I did have and would have to dig it out but there was a bug in the 3.x.x CatOS from Cisco that is not reporting the correct value for temperature.  Good luck.

• whoops... looks like I'm on 3.3.5. I saw the note about the x10 but I did not want to modify anything because then I'll have to undo it when the real issue is fixed. I downloaded NPM 11.5 as rob suggested. I'll need to schedule the switch updates for a later time.

• I found how to edit the thresholds. My Cisco 3850 lists 3 temp sensors each, sensor 0 = 82F, 1=93F and 2=102F but when I look at the switches CLI, I get 1 reading, INLET temperature 28C, other than that, it let's mw know that the temperature is OK.

pastedImage_1.png