cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Charts lose the lines and become just dots

Jump to solution

I've noticed charts seem to lose the lines and just show dots, or even just sporadic lines between the dots when I go to sample values less than 10 minutes. Here is an example:

Capture2.PNG

Is there any way I can fix this or do we need to wait for an update to come out? Running NPM 11.0.1

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Have you checked your polling interval? Settings ->Polling Settings. We may only have singular data points for smaller time intervals.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 17

This may be expected depending on the time range and how much data we're loading. Have we tried to shift the time-range?

12-2-2014 11-42-07 AM.png

0 Kudos

I've tried changing each field related to time but the only way I seem to be able to get lines back is to select a sample interval greater than 5 minutes.

0 Kudos

Have you checked your polling interval? Settings ->Polling Settings. We may only have singular data points for smaller time intervals.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

The polling interval is 5 minutes. Would setting the polling interval to <5 mins bring back the lines on the 5 minute sampling interval chart?

0 Kudos

It would help for polling going forward but not for any data that had been previously collected.  The data collected would only be available for the polling interval the device was set to at the time of collection.  A change in the interval doesn't change the historical data.  As well, the farther apart the data is from each other, the less likely the lines will connect.  You should also take into account your data retention settings in the Polling Settings area.  If the timeframe you are searching for is after your detail roll up (which is 7 days by default) then you're only going to have hourly intervals and changing your sample rate will only cause further data points.