cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 13

Changing of Polling Method

Hi All,

We changed the polling method of our servers from SNMP to WMI. However, I noticed that the interfaces/ resources discovered from SNMP are still remain upon checking the node. Now, is there a way to change the polling method that will remove the existing resources for bulk changing the polling method as well as for single changing?

Thank you very much for the usual assistance.

2 Replies
Level 13

Hello,

You can list resources nodes one by one OR

Before every change we recommend backup your database.

1. Please download Orion SDK:

http://knowledgebase.solarwinds.com/kb/questions/5811/Downloading+the+SolarWinds+Orion+SDK

or from here https://github.com/solarwinds/OrionSDK/releases

2. Install it on machine where you will run the script (can be main poller too)

3. Put this code to new powershell script file:

if (!(Get-PSSnapin -Name "SwisSnapin" -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue)) 

{ 

Add-PSSnapin SwisSnapin -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue 

} 

$hostname = '10.140.26.228' #put your Main poller hostname, if you run it from local machine you can put localhost, you can put IP address of main poller too

$swis = Connect-Swis -username "admin" -password "" -host $hostname #change to your Orion Admin credentials

$swisQuery = "select I.uri from Orion.NPM.Interfaces as I 

JOIN (Select nodeid from Orion.nodes where ObjectSubtype='WMI') as N ON n.nodeid=I.nodeid

where I.ObjectSubType='SNMP'"

(Get-SwisData $swis $swisQuery) |Remove-SwisObject $swis

4. Fill Hostname and your admin credentials to Orion

5. Run with powershell.

6. Right click to script and click "Run with powershell" or run powershell console and browse the file and run it .\script.ps1

It should delete all SNMP interfaces connected to WMI nodes, you will lost all statistics data from that interfaces of course.

Lada

Thanks LadaVarga‌ for providing the solution. Anyhow, is there a way from NPM side to remove the SNMP interfaces which connected to the WMI?

Thank you.

0 Kudos