This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Change status of node when alert triggered

Is it possible to change the status of a node (windows server) when an alert is triggered. What I am trying to do is monitor disk space and when it reaches 85% send an alert AND change the status of the node from green to yellow. As far as I can tell it only changes from green to red when the node is down. I would like this to display on the map, so at a glance you can tell if any of the nodes have an alert triggered. Obviously I would want it to reset when the condition went away. Is this possible?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Not at this time.  What you want to do will be possible in Application Performance Monitor 2.0, which will release soon.

• OK... So I got APM 2.0 installed. Any tips on how to accomplish this?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to rpolchlopek

OK.  I'm reading what you originally asked, and I can see that I mis-understood what you were trying to do.  I focused on the monitor disk space and change status part, which APM 2.0 can do. But it can't change status of the node.

In 2.0, you can use WMI to monitor disk space.  You can set 85% as the threshold, and the status of the Application including that component will change status from Up to Warning or Critical.  If you have All Applications organized by node, the status of the node including this applicaiton would change to show that something is wrong.

I skimmed over the maps piece.  We can't do that today; that's a change to Orion NPM, which we're actively working on now.

Sorry if I my answer was mis-leading.

• Has the NPM status changing on high volumes etc been sorted now?

We are desperate for it!

Sam

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to menz

Has the NPM status changing on high volumes etc been sorted now?

We can show thresholds on Network Atlas in 9.5, but we haven't extended that to general status.