This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion in Orion

I was wondering if anyone has had success in getting Orion to read Cisco devices in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius. Please share here if you have any info will help.

Thanks,

Bret 

• Orion Universal Device Poller with transform results with the formula {ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusValue}CtoF( ) works BUT when you hit 0 celsius, it goes haywire.  Looking for that solution to that now.

• Hi kindbro,

UnDP does not read values as Celsius or Fahrenheit directly. It just reads value from provided OID and you can convert this value then. In fact, you will read some value as integer type and    then you can decide what to do, if convert from Celsius to Fahrenheit or Bytes to MegaBytes or vice versa.

If you are asking for fucntion which converts Celsius to Fahrenheit, then create new transform poller and use CtoF () function with poller name in parenthesis.

Thanks,

Pavel

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to crzyr3d

Crzyr3d,

If you haven't already, open up a support case on this one.  That's something that should work without you having to do anything strange.  Also, what part of your environment are you able to keep at 0 celsius?

Thanks,

Casey

• I've actually changed the poller that I'm converting to keep history so when the temp goes down again this evening, I'll hopefully be able to isolate the issue.  We have a  couple of Cisco Wireless Bridges out in Thorntown, IN.  After the results this evening, I'll see if I need to proceed with putting in a support case.  The OID is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.3.1.3