This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cellular SMS Gateway for Watching the Watcher

Is anyone using a cellular gateway for SMS messaging?  I have found some of the previous articles on this topic, but many are very old and the equipment is either end of life or not compatible with a vmware environment.  I have two data centers with 4 VM hosts each and solarwinds runs on any one of the vm hosts in the primary data center.  My goal is to be able to allow NPM to alert if there are nodes down even if one is the internet connection.  The second goal would be to some how monitor NPM for availability as well and alert if NPM is unavailable.  I've found a few ideas on that already in the forums for this part of it but I'm trying to think worst case scenario (total power loss, internet loss, server availability loss), I still want to get alerted....maybe something in Azure to monitor and alert me of a problem or maybe with a cellular modem that can also ping the solarwinds ip and alert if it goes down....ideas?