This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cannot add to a list of a "text' Custom property? Is there a limit to a drop down list?

Versions:

Orion Platform 2018.2, NPM 12.3

Background:

In the forum I found some old posts (NPM 10.x) that indicate "there's no limit to a drop down list of a Custom property".... but...

I have a Custom property called 'Device_Type' of format 'text' and i have previously added up to 183 values to it as a 'drop down list'.  Today, I tried to add a 184th value, and it doesn't appear in the list (no error in the SolarWinds UI appears). I ran this SWIS query in the SWQL studio UI and I can see the value I added (there are 184 items in the SWIS result):

SELECT TOP 1000 Table, Field, Value

FROM Orion.CustomPropertyValues

where Field = 'Device_Type'

order by Value

I've tried IE, chrome, and Firefox as the UI to the Orion admin "Edit Custom Property" page and all 3 show the same thing: They don't seem to be seeing the new value to the property I added, even though it's in the DB, per the SWQL query.

Also: I tried loading up a Node and choosing the property-> value from there and the new value I made is not there either.

Question:

Is there a limit to making these types of drop down lists?  Or maybe some type of "you have to wait for x internal process to run" before it shows up in the UI?  In the past it was instantaneous.

Message was edited by: tigger 2 Removed weird URL linking to SolarWinds main site that somehow got in there

• Are you still having this issue? I would run the config wizard and see if that helps.

• I opened a ticket, and running the config wizard (Website only) is part of the recommended fix.  I'l be trying it next week.  On a side note: During support help, we attempted to add several more values to the list, and none appeared.  I went on vacation, came back, and they all appeared.  So if nothing else it's just *really slow* for them to appear (before trying config wizard).  My guess is its taking over 3 days to appear after adding.