cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Can we add new tabs yet?

Hey all, I would really like to be able to add some new tabs to my NPM (v10.2.2). I've been Googling around but the most recent information I've seen is from several months ago. I know that there have been feature requests in the past for the ability to add new tabs but no one seems to be asking any more. Is that because we CAN add new tabs? If so how do we do it?

Thanks,

Joe B

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Level 7

I'd like to see this feature also.

0 Kudos

Agreed. The existing tabs relate to specific modules/functions other than the Home tab which is already to crowded with menu bar items. I would like to add a tab, for example, where the menu bar is made up of all the custom views I create for specific business services or roles, without having to restrict those to users' home pages.

0 Kudos

**********  Feature Request *********

With regards to feature requests, it may also be helpful to post up your request on our forums here: http://thwack.com/forums/57.aspx

Create a post titled FEATURE REQUEST - Name of the Feature Request and detail your request there. 

You can also point to this case number for reference if you have 

These forums are monitored by our Product Managers, and this will allow other customer to also voice their opinions as to whether this feature would be useful to them also. 

Please be aware that:

* Developers will decide on whether or not to go ahead with implementation of the feature

* Developers will decide on the timeline of the release (if they decided to implement the feature)

* Support does not update you on whether the feature has been implemented, and you will have to check the Release Notes: http://www.solarwinds.com/support/Orion/docs/ReleaseNotes/releaseNotes.htm

0 Kudos

Feature request posted:

Thanks,

Joe B

0 Kudos
Level 13

Hi Jbruyet

The reason no one asking is .

Orion is quite flexible and gives you the option to "Customize Menu Bar " You can create your OWN Bar and Assign to any TAB per User . 

Menu Bar to Customize

Any menu bar can be assigned to any tab. Menu bars are assigned to tabs per user.

0 Kudos

I want to ADD a new TAB so I can assign it a custom menu bar of specific custom views.  Will version 10.2.2 allow me to do this?  If so, I will upgrade to it now.  Thanks.

0 Kudos

Thank you GoldTipu, but like puanani stated I want to be able to create new tabs. I could create menus under the existing tabs but I would prefer new tabs. Is there a way to create new tabs?

Thanks,

Joe B

0 Kudos

It is still a Feature Request . 

0 Kudos

++1

0 Kudos