cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Can menu bars be renamed?

Hi Guys,

I know menu bars can't be renamed through web via Customize Menu Bars, but can we edit the MenuName on the NetPerfMon database MenuBars table?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 9

I've tested it and looks like it works! Although I don't know if it will have any negative effect.

0 Kudos
Level 12

If I understand the question right, I think the recommended/supported method would be:

For Menu Bars themselves (i.e. the tabs up top), create new bars with the names and sub-items you want. Then, go to Manage Accounts and change the "Default Menu Bar and Views" to those new bars.

For the items on menu bars, just remove the Menu Bar items that you don't want and create/add new ones to replace the defaults that you want to change.

Hope that helps,

Chris

0 Kudos
Level 9

Hi Chris,

I have already created customized menu bars. Sorry for the misunderstanding, probably the correct question should be, "Can custom menu bars be renamed?". Anyway, thank you very much for the response.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Level 19

Keep in mind that any table edits may be lost on upgrade or by running Configuration Wizard against the database.

Level 9

Thanks Chris.

Thank you Andy, I keep that in mind. I'll also tell that to our other Solarwinds Admin.

0 Kudos
Level 12

Gotcha. Yeah, I'd say you're doing the right thing with the table editing. Being that they are custom, it shouldn't interfere with Orion updates. Seems like an easy feature request () for the PM/team to implement.

Thanks,

Chris