This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can device pollers be moved or copied to other folders for easier intuitive management? If so, how?

When I add new devices one at a time to NPM I am presented with the opportunity to select the pollers that will poll them.  Currently I have to open several folders to get access to the specific pollers I want.

I'd like to move all the UPS pollers, no matter the brand, into one folder called "UPS".

I'd like to create a new folder just for UCS chassis pollers and move UCS pollers to it.

I'd like the Example or Default Group of pollers to contain all the pollers I wish to assign to all, or most, new nodes.

How does one move pollers to a different poller group or folder?

pastedImage_0.png

• Hi rschroeder​​ - Universal Device Poller uses "Groups" to categorise/organise the pollers. All the Defined Pollers you have in your UnDP are actually what it calls Groups. When you create or edit a Poller you can select what "Group" it will belong to and that is the folder. It will provide a dropdown list, but you can just type a name to create a new folder.

pastedImage_0.png

Select from the dropdown or create your own: pastedImage_1.png to end up like so:

pastedImage_2.png

You can also select and edit multiple pollers at the same time by holding "Ctrl" and then selecting the pollers you want to edit, then click on "Edit Properties" in the top right of UnDP - pastedImage_3.png - Although I think you can only edit the same type all together as Transforms have an additional screen.

• Thank you!  I'll give this a try today and report my discovery here.

• Changing the group as indicated will move things