cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 13

Can I get group nodes' CPU load charts into one view?

Jump to solution

It's a fairly simple and hopefully common scenario: a render farm. Having a single view with all the CPU load charts would help admins see if the load is well balanced across multiple nodes. On top of it, if one of the nodes' CPU load drops, that would indicate something's off.

Possible? Extra brownie if this can be automated across multiple groups, i.e. I create this custom view once, and then can apply it to select few groups w/o additional modification.

Here is the example of an individual CPU Load chart, and I'd like to have a lot more of them on the same page.

Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 11.01.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 11.01.37 PM.png

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

If you add the multiple object chart to the group details page and check the box for "automatically display nodes related to the current view" then it would work automatically and would be applied to all group details pages at once. If you check the box to auto hide then it will only show up for groups that have that metric available, but cpu load for example would show on nearly any group with nodes in them.

-Marc Netterfield

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

- Marc Netterfield, Github

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Level 16

I use Multiple Object Charts to display multiple machines on the same chart. Below is an example for CPU usage but pretty much any metric can be used.

I don't know how to have them created dynamically as I always go in and drag the objects onto the chart. If anyone knows this trick I would love it if you shared it.

The easiest way I have found is create a chart template first then make copies of it.

NPM 12 - Go to Settings - All Settings - Manage Views to get you started.

Example:

pastedImage_0.png

If you add the multiple object chart to the group details page and check the box for "automatically display nodes related to the current view" then it would work automatically and would be applied to all group details pages at once. If you check the box to auto hide then it will only show up for groups that have that metric available, but cpu load for example would show on nearly any group with nodes in them.

-Marc Netterfield

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

- Marc Netterfield, Github

View solution in original post

Genius!!! Wow mesverrum that is awesome

Another question on the Multiple Object Charts.

Some of my server farms are too large to display in a single panel or should I say too many colors to pick out a single server.

pastedImage_2.png

The Limit Series box when checked selects the top X servers by name in alphabetical order.

(I really can't think of why I would use of that function?)

I was hoping I could only display the top 5 by average CPU Load, but maybe I might try a different chart?

Anyways thanks again! I will get some good use out of this one

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_5.png

0 Kudos

I found it! A different chart.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
Level 13

NPM and SAM still have no provision to create multiple object charts dynamically - based on custom properties, group membership, etc. - correct?

0 Kudos