This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can I disable that event ?"Your SolarWinds Orion QoE is currently running in Evaluation mode. Please contact SolarWinds support to purchase a licensed version"

Hi

Can that disable that event somehow`?

Never enable the new Q.E software why it bug me for that license?

/SJA

• As long as there is a licensed module (NPM/SAM/etc) we shouldn't be seeing this message. Support ticket may be the best path forward. SolarWinds Customer Support - We're Here to Help

• I just received this Event message as well. We have licensed versions of NPM, NCM, NTA and IPAM installed. Should we not be getting this notice about QoE running in Evaluation mode? I see "Quality of Experience Licensing" which indicates this is another license that needs to be purchased.

• I opened a case, as per rob.hock suggestion.  I had this issue after installing an APE. I was asked for a few screenshots, and they closed the case telling me I should buy licenses If I want. Here's the closing argument of the support agent:

"When the NPM is purchased you get a QOE for 30 days, after 30 days you will see the  license go into evaluation mode. If your interested in purchasing the QOE our Sales Department can provide you with pricing information."

Closing cases must be good for KPIs.

... the message is still there.

• QoE licensing is a bit fizzy, looks like there was some misunderstanding even on support.

QoE is part of NPM/SAM and it starts with 30 days Eval immediatelly after installation (another story is when you upgrade from product that doesn't contain QoE, but ignore this for now).

If you have already bought any NPM/SAM license during 30 days Eval, QoE is still working in eval/unlimited mode and keep bothering with license events.

After 30 days, bacause you have NPM/SAM bought, QoE should become to free license mode and stop with any events.

Also, you can uninstall whole QoE module from the server, but I'm not sure if licensing will be affected because it is like "write only".

You can also simply supress the event with

UPDATE [dbo].[EventTypes] SET [Mute] = 1 WHERE [Name] = 'QoE license'

• I'm glad that you provided a quickfix for this issue. Even after I had my case reopened, the other agent was as vague as the first one and they did not addressed this issue that happened only when I added an APE.

I was going down the path of reverse engineering for the quickfix, but i'm no DBA nor developper. emoticons_happy.png Thumbs up for tomas.vymetal

• Note: the SQL license quickfix provided above has to be run every time you execute the configuration wizzard, as the Event types config seems to be set back to default.

• Sure, CW is there to revert any changes which can cause issues to its defaults. But don't worry, there is planned hotfix/SR with new QoE Licensing soon.