This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Calling all Calix users. Looking for Calix users that monitor with Solarwinds.

I am looking for anyone in the community that has monitored the Calix product with NPM. I am struggling and would like some input from Calix users. I am having issues with good data collection and I am looking for a little guidance. Thanks

• we are a calix user have you had any luck with montoring calix B6, f5 e7 are any other

• I have been using it since December of last year. We are monitoring Calix E7 units with it. It is not bad. We have just had a few issues with the ability to poll with SNMPv2c and the different version of firmware n the Calix units. 2.2.100 was not polling in bulk. We upgraded to 2.3.50 and the bulk polling started to work and all was well. We just upgraded to version 2.3.60 and now the bulk polling has broke again. The Solarwinds NPM product does not allow for polling by individual OID in polls 20 OIDs at a time which either crashes Calix boxes or just times out. I have been having trouble lately with the interface name information not coming through for 8XX series ONTs I get the 7XX series names fine. Thats all I got right now. It is noce to have someone else do what I am doing. I have been trying to start my own Calix group here on the Thwack to get some information going.

• I'm trying to get the Environment stats from the Occam B6 blades right now and the Gpon NID port stats.

• We are having some trouble graphing utilization on AE and GPON connections.  Apparently the E7 reindexes periodically.  I'm still gathering details, but wondering if anyone here has run into that.

• ‌Hi David

try to get what you have ..from alcatel Gpon emoticons_angry.png  very unfriendly mib support..

• pknox

We have roughly 700 B-series DSL blades being polled in NPM.

What specific environmental stats are you looking for?

Occam/Calix DSL blades are not the best for storing information in the best place.

I have had to build some custom pollers, and then piece them together to get various software/firmware/revision data linked together.

-Will

• pknox

Actually, it seems we are down to 668 devices.

Here are the different versions we are using.

Let me know which ones you are using, and which specific stats you are looking for, and I will see if I can find anything.

BLC B6 2521
    BLC 6640 012
    BLC 64505
    BLC 6152 015
    BLC 62146
    BLC 6252 036
    BLC 6440 018
    BLC 6212 0211
    B6-64012
    BLC 6151 0115
    BLC 6252 0255
    B6-256168