This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

CPU requirement for NPM

Hello,

the admin guide dictates a 3 GHz CPU (dual core dual processor reccomended) for a SLX NPM installation.

We have a Proliant DL580 G5, with 4 quad core INTEL XEON e7310 1.6 GHz CPU (I can see 16 core in the Task Manager).

Do you think this configuration can meet NPM requirements?

Thanks

ddmt

• hi,

officially I would think not, support even complained about our DL360 G7 (also 4 quad cores) with 2.53GHz...

inofficially I am not sure :P

for an SLX installation (we have SL2000), if you have a lot of elements it might be a problem...

As far as I was able to observe, Orion seems to handle multiple cores well by now. My last statement from support was that the old polling engine is not multi-threaded (I can only say that even the old job engine gets spawned several times and our CPU load is distributed across all cores).

I would say it is best if some SW Staff gives a statement or you call support and ask them.