This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

CPU & Disk monitoring on HP Proliant with RedHat

I have a couple of HP Proliant servers running RedHat Advanced Server 2.1. I installed all the HP agents on the server. When I try to monitor these servers in Orion, I am only able to monitor the network cards, I do not have the option to select the CPU or disk drives. When I do an MIB Walk, I can see the description, space total, and space used. They are CPQ (Compaq) MIB entries. Can Orion not read these CPQHOST-MIB entries? Do I need to add the CPQHOST-MIB into Orion? Can that even be done? How?

Here is a snip of part of the MIB Walk...
CPQHOST-MIB 1.3.6.1.4.1.232.11.2.4.1.1.2.0 cpqHoFileSysDesc.0 / on /dev/cciss/c0d0p2
CPQHOST-MIB 1.3.6.1.4.1.232.11.2.4.1.1.3.0 cpqHoFileSysSpaceTotal.0 7208
CPQHOST-MIB 1.3.6.1.4.1.232.11.2.4.1.1.4.0 cpqHoFileSysSpaceUsed.0 1960
  • Question number 1 - NO Orion does not currently allow the addition of custom mibs. The good news is you are not the first to ask for this capability. Hopefully they will add it to the product in the near future.

Question number 2 - NO However, if you load the HOST-RESOURCES mib on your Proliant box you should be able to expose disk, memory, and CPU utilization.