cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

CLI Polling, Palo Alto

Jump to solution

I am using the CLI polling function for the first time and have enabled it to look at palo alto firewalls.  I honestly have no idea what additional functionality it is providing for me.  I see documentation for the CLI polling for Cisco and its features, but I see no documentation for P.A.  Am I just missing it?  Anyone have a link to the docs?  What am I gaining with enabling this?  thnx...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager
0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager
0 Kudos
Level 10

thank you, that IS helpful.  it seems the CLI polling for PA really is good for the UDT.  not sure what other value it would provide me, if any.  That being said, I LOVE the new features for network insight for PA.  The limitation for us though is that we use panorama for all our firewall config, and we are a big user of multiple vsys on our many firewalls.  It seems solarwinds can only see the default vsys, which is a huge limitation for us.   I would love to add a feature request to be able to handle a PA firewall with multiple vsys. 

Also Palo Alto Policies don't work in Orion NPM/NCM if you're managing policies with Panorama. Bummer.

0 Kudos