Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hjarriell
Level 11

Building an alert for when a custom property has changed

Hello,

We use custom properties to setup alerting threshold.  We want to build an alert to trigger when specific custom properties are changed.  Have built an alert to trigger when the alert has changed for 0 seconds.  But nothing happens when the property is changed.  Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scottd
Level 11

Re: Building an alert for when a custom property has changed

If you are using the 'has changed' condition, it probably will not work.

'has changed' translates into SQL like this in the DB;

(Nodes.Application = Nodes.Application and ((select count(*) from AlertValueChanges where TableName = 'Nodes' and FieldName = 'LastBoot') > 0) and (NodeID in (select NodeID from AlertValueChanges where TableName = 'Nodes' and FieldName = 'LastBoot' and (DateDiff(s, Changed, getdate()) < (60 * 1.2)))) /* Do not remove this comment HAS1101CHANGEDTBL|FLDNodes|LastBootHAS1101CHANGED */)

My condition that generated this is; Application has changed   (Application is my custm property)

So it would appear that 'has changed' would be for alerting on a reboot or something similar.

0 Kudos
KenKasmar
Level 9

From the NPM Manual:

Note: The has changed condition is only valid for the Last Boot, IOS Version, and IOS Image Family device characteristics.
Note: The has changed condition is only valid for the Last Boot, IOS Version, and IOS Image Family device characteristics
0 Kudos
hjarriell
Level 11

Thank you, shame cause it would been really useful to be able to do has changed for any property.

0 Kudos