cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
MVP
MVP

Bug - Custom Chart with negative Universal Device Poller values shows a blank chart?

I think I've come across a random bug and wanted to know if anyone has come across a similar issue or know of a fix.  Or if someone could test it on their system and verify? (Need a UnDP with negative values)

SHORT VERSION: There seems to be a bug with Custom Charts and UnDPs with negative values - the chart shows no data.

LONG VERSION:

On a Summary view, I'm trying to create a chart that shows me the value of a specific Universal Device Poller from multiple devices (i.e. 6 lines for 6 different device values).

I can use the Multiple Universal Device Pollers Chart and this displays the data on the legacy flat charts (can't zoom in, hover over points for values, etc).

pastedImage_0.png

If I use a Custom Chart, with a filter for the specific UnDP and for the nodes I want on the chart, the chart legend finds the 6 devices but the chart shows no data.

pastedImage_1.png

I know the datasource is correct as I can see the data is available in a Custom Table using the same datasource.

pastedImage_2.png

If I use the same process for a UnDP with positive values, the chart displays with no issues. This only occurs on a UnDP with negative values.

Anyone else have the same problem?

4 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

We are tracking this issue internally under case NPM-6465.

0 Kudos
Level 11

Same issue here, did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
MVP
MVP

I haven't found a solution but I'm here at SolarWinds now for THWACKcamp so this reminds me to chase it up!

0 Kudos
MVP
MVP

Update: Reported the issue to the SolarWinds UX team and they created a bug report to investigate.