This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Beta Alerting Engine: Run external Program

I think I found a "bug" in Beta Alerting Engine, SysLog-server and in the SNMP Trap receiver (all new(ish) .net Solarwinds applications:

In the "old"/current alerting engine of Orion NPM I am using this string to launch a local executable (with switches) on events:
cmd /S /C ""d:\Program Files\Zonith\NMSListenerClient1.3\bin\sendAlarm.bat" -t "${Time} - ${NodeName} is ${Status}"" -u ${Location_code} -a ${Relevance}

In the beta alerting engine the Syntax needs to be like this to work:
"d:\Program Files\Zonith\NMSListenerClient1.3\bin\sendAlarm.bat" -t "${Time} - ${NodeName} is ${Status}" -u HOE -a Global,HOE,sm

The differences are very subtle, but it took me ages to figure out why the same string would work in the old SW apps but not in the new ones, so I thought that I may save one of you guys from going through the same thing by posting it here :o)

Also, I found that the auto-refresh of the active alerts window doesn't remove alerts when they change state from "trigger pending" to "reset". Triggered alerts go away fine. If you click the "refresh" button manually, the view is updated correctly. I have reported this to Solarwinds

Lars Grabowski
Global Infrastructure
Chr. Hansen A/S

Currently using:
Cirrus Version 3.0 DL-500 Apr. 2006 (8.3.53)
Orion Application Monitor 7.8.94
Orion Web Engine Version 7.8.133
Orion NPM SLX 7.8.5 March 2006
Alert Manager 8.1.15