This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Beginner Questions about a user Universal Device Poller table transformation

hi,

i'm trying to do something very basic, but cant seem to find any info in the forums about it.

i've got a bunch of HP printers i've set up a UDP to get the total number of pages printed from the printer. i'm keeping historical data on this OID. and i'd like a simple transformation of the data. I'd like to get todays print totals.. and this month's print totals... should be fairly simple but i cant seem to find any info on how to do this.

basically:

HPPrintTotalToday=HPPrintTotal.currentvalue-HPPrintTotal.ValueYesterday

and

HPPrintTotalMonth=HPPrintTotal.currentValue-HPPrintTotal.ValueFirstDayofCurrentMonth

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

D

• Hi Darrell,

I think you need more a report than UnDP transformantion. Open Orion Report Writer from Start menu and create new report from Historical - Custom Pollers template. Set the report according your needs there (it is similar to creating advanced alert).

Let me know if you need further assistance here.

Thanks,

Pavel

• Thank you, i'm just getting a handle on the report writer. i created a rough report.. but i cant seem to figure out how to tell it to do any type of calculation. i created a historical custom poller.. it does pull up each of the printers total page count.. but how do i subtract yesterdays count from the current count to get just a single value to display?

thank you for your help

D

• Hi Darrell,

go to the TimeFrame tab and select Yesterday from Time Frame dropdown.

If you also want to filter the results for one node/printer then go to the Filter Results tab add new condition and select NodeName (NodeID) according your requirements.

Thanks,

Pavel