This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Basic alerts

I recently upgraded from NPM v8 to 9.1, I chose the straight upgrade path where I backed up the db installed 9.1 and restored the backup.  Now the alerts from the old server do not show in the new server.  Is this by design? are alerts supposed to migrate with the DB?  I ask becasue while trying to recreate them one by one (basic alerts) when I went to test one, the dialogue box where it asks to select the alert to test fire shows all my old alerts.  any ideas?

• The best method for this would've been to upgrade 8.x to 8.5.1 SP3 (bits available from Support) - then upgrade to 9.1 SP5 with no backup/restore necessary...

The upgrades added tables and modified pointers etc - so what you're experiencing is exactly what I would've anticipated.

If you have backups and can restore back to a certain level - I'd do it again using the steps above.

If you have active maintenance, we can step you through this via support ticket.

Thanks,

David