This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Bandwidth Utilization Chart Problem

Hello,

A client of ours sent an email saying his custom bandwidth utilization chart is showing "Data is not available". He has 2 routers with the same settings and while the first one returns statistics correctly to a chart, the 2nd one does not. Here are his chart settings .

image001.png

So far I have come up with 4 steps to try and help him,

1. Verify that the interface has "interface traffic statistics" checked.

2. Check the MIB Browser in the Node for stastics (in case they are not there, maybe an index problem) .

3. Verify the DATASOURCE of the chart.

4. Rediscover the Node.

My question is, have I forgotten anything? Any suggestion before I go into webex with the client?

• On top of the things you are already looking at I would also check to make sure that there aren't any view limitations that would allow the first router but prevent the second, otherwise it seems like you are covering the bases I would expect.

• Can you list resources on the node in question?  Is there current polled data appearing elsewhere for this node?    If neither of the above work, double-check with an SNMPwalk of each node.

• His problem was the "Select DataSource"  option, when we changed the "Dynamic Query builder" to "Specific object", the graph started working again! Only got the dots problem afterwards because of the data it tried to show which was solved by changing the time interval to once a day and then restoring it back to 5 minutes!