I made myself a report using the Orion Report Writer and added the status icon, the node name, ip address, a couple of custom fields, the status description, and the last sync date. Here's what the report looked like in the writer:
Here it is again in the Orion web site. Notice that some details have changed!
Hmm... very strange -- now it started working... very strange. I changed a sort setting for one of the custom fields. Now it pops up a message:
Detected usage of a macro, which links to a nonexistent field in the report. Therefore WebURL, which uses this macro, will not be generated correctly.
But the report looks correct now, with icons and correct status description name, and sorted correctly. Despite the error / warning -- whatever it is. !?!?
I added the NodeID as a field and that shut up the warning message.... so I reckon, other than why it happened in the first place, this is no longer an issue 🙂
(I'll file it under "WorksForMe" 🙂
Hmm-- it looks like sometimes the report does not get saved or else generate properly, and results in a situation like the original post. I'm not sure what causes it, but it's happened again. I added some additional fields to the report, and while the ones that it had previously "sorted out" were still fine, some of the new ones, such as the current & average response times, where showing raw numeric data until a save or two later.
It seems like there might be a bug in here someplace after all.
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community. More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly contribute to our product development process. Learn more today by joining now.