cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

BUG REPORT: Report in Orion not the same as Report in Writer

I made myself a report using the Orion Report Writer and added the status icon, the node name, ip address, a couple of custom fields, the status description, and the last sync date. Here's what the report looked like in the writer:

Here it is again in the Orion web site. Notice that some details have changed!

John

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 10

Hmm...  very strange -- now  it started working... very strange. I changed a sort setting for one of the custom fields. Now it pops up a message:

Detected usage of a macro, which links to a nonexistent field in the report. Therefore WebURL, which uses this macro, will not be generated correctly.

Missing fields:

NodeID

But the report looks correct now, with icons and correct status description name, and sorted correctly. Despite the error / warning -- whatever it is. !?!?

John

0 Kudos

I added the NodeID as a field and that shut up the warning message.... so I reckon, other than why it happened in the first place, this is no longer an issue 🙂

(I'll file it under "WorksForMe" 🙂

John

0 Kudos

Hmm-- it looks like sometimes the report does not get saved or else generate properly, and results in a situation like the original post. I'm not sure what causes it, but it's happened again. I added some additional fields to the report, and while the ones that it had previously "sorted out" were still fine, some of the new ones, such as the current & average response times, where showing raw numeric data until a save or two later.

It seems like there might be a bug in here someplace after all.

John

0 Kudos