This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Automatically update custom properties

Does anyone have a good way to automatically update custom properties?  I have a situation where I'd like to clear out certain custom properties if they've been filled in for 1 week or more.  I can probably set something up in the database directly, but I'd be concerned about my changes being overwritten upon restart of Orion.

Any ideas?

• The custom property fields are only overwritten when you write to them as an administrator, or I suppose if any external sql program writes to them.

They are stable, and aren't ever overwritten by anything.

By default the only way for them to be updated is for you to go into the custom property editor and manually work with them.

None of your changes will be overwritten by orion.

I work with custom properties and sql scripts very frequently and have never had them overwritten or lost.

Hope that helps!

• Thanks.  I had always been led to believe that making changes to the DB without making them through Orion or its sub-applications will be overwritten either when Orion restarts or the database restarts.

• Orion wouldn't really be able to overwrite most things in the databse when it restarts because the only place it stores that data is in the database.  It would need an additional database full of information to copy from if it wanted to clobber your database.

• Either that, or Orion could cache all of the node custom property information into system memory at runtime.  I really like the way you worded that, though :)

• Hi All,

Is there any command or batch file, which helps i can use to update custom property of multiple node.

thanks

K