This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Automated Device management

How can I add and remove ping only nodes in NPM using SQL?  we have thousands of nodes, some of which change IP's weekly, and manually adding and removing them will be extremely tedious. 

• infosat,

When Orion has no SNMP authority to a node, the node is marked in the database in the 'Nodes' table under 'ObjectSubType' as 'ICMP' (as opposed to 'SNMP').  For myself, I ran the following query which deleted all of those nodes.

Delete from nodes where objectsubtype like 'ICMP'

This should accomplish what you are wanting to do, but please make sure that you are ready to delete these nodes by running select * from nodes where objectsubtype like 'ICMP' FIRST.  This will list the nodes that will be removed.

Thanks,
    Jason Henson
    Loop1 Systems
    www.Loop1Systems.com

• Are these DHCP nodes?  When you add them, why not select the check box as Dynamic Node