cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

AudioCodes Mediant 1000 monitor DS1 interface statistics

Jump to solution

We are currently looking at monitoring our AudioCodes Mediant 1000 gateways in NPM. I have been successful so far in hunting the MIBs and tracking down some device-level statistics.

However, I have not been able to find and OIDs that will provide statistics and monitoring at the interface level for the DS1s. Has anyone else been successful at this and if so, would you be able to point me to the relevent area in the MIB?

It appears that everything that I've needed so far is in the MIB database, it's just a matter of finding the correct one.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kristin

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Level 11

Try this OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.5003.10.10.2.21.1.3

We have been using it to monitor channel utilization off of DS1s.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Level 11

Try this OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.5003.10.10.2.21.1.3

We have been using it to monitor channel utilization off of DS1s.

View solution in original post

Thanks! That worked.

0 Kudos
Level 13

When you add the device as an SNMP device in NPM, does it show you the interfaces as objects that can be monitored when it scans the device?  This would be the same as going to this devices Node Details page and clicking on the blue list resources button in the Node Details resource.

Sohail Bhamani

Loop1 Systems

http://www.loop1systems.com

0 Kudos

Yes, and the interfaces are currently set to be monitored. It shows the proper interface name, alias, interface, type and bandwidth.

However, the counters for current traffic, utilization, etc. all read 0 consistently,even though traffic is flowing over those interfaces. I have checked the SNMP credentials and they are correct.

When I've looked through the MIB database provided by the manufacturer, any MIBs I've found with useful information have been aggregated into a table.

In looking into the issue further, I'm not sure that even the ethernet interfaces are showing the proper traffic statistics.

I'm not really sure where to go from this point.

0 Kudos

Sounds like SW is not parsing the information correctly or the vendor is not publishing the information correctly.  I would probably open a ticket with SW so they can add support for this in the future.  I would probably also update the device to the latest version in hopes that this would solve our issue.

Sohail Bhamani

Loop1 Systems

http://www.loop1systems.com

0 Kudos