cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Atlas not making some connections

Jump to solution

Hey Guys,

I am in the midst of trying to migrate from using several tools to using the Orion platform. But the one area I am getting hung up is on the mapping.

Although Atlas seems to integrate with NPM very well I have a hand full of devices that just wont make connections.

Currently the only devices I am having trouble with are Fortinet firewalls.

Through a bit of research I have found that they do not support the dot1dTpFdbTable(1.3.6.1.2.1.17.4.3) or dot1qTpFdbTable(1.3.6.1.2.1.17.7.1.2.2) MIB tables, CDP or LLDP.

Is there anyway to make the connection in Atlas or NPM?
Can this be done manually?
Or is this going to be the show stopper for me?

Thanks for any help you can provide me,

Happy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Happy,

Unfortunately the link utilization feature is global setting for the map. The ability to define utilization on manual links is definitely a known FR that we are looking at for future release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Level 7

Hi

we are 5 years later and still cant show the link utlisation in manual link ?

Where is ur FR ?

I dont understand, the value are here , you collect value with snmp or Netflow and we not able to show it on a link in Atlas ?

2019-04-18_16-31-08.jpg

0 Kudos

Bump! Same issue on NPM 12.5.

0 Kudos

OK, So now I have realized that it seems you can't draw manual connections and use the "Show Link Utilization" Feature.

Does anyone know if you can have this feature enabled for some links and not others?

Thanks again,

Happy

0 Kudos

Happy,

Unfortunately the link utilization feature is global setting for the map. The ability to define utilization on manual links is definitely a known FR that we are looking at for future release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Hi Rob - wondering if there's any update on this FR? ie: the ability to show link utilization on manually drawn links with Network Atlas?

0 Kudos
Level 17

Manual connections (lines) can indeed be drawn. More info can be found on page 18 of the admin guide: http://www.solarwinds.com/documentation/orion/docs/OrionNetworkAtlasAdminGuide.pdf

Thank you for your reply Rob,

I have done this. I have also selected the 2 interfaces to use for connection status.
However when I view the map in Orion, it show a broken red line for a link.

When you hover over the link it says "There is no connection between nodes Fortigate an HP-Procurve anymore"
But when I click on the link in Orion it takes me to the Interface Details Page and everything shows up and good.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Happy

0 Kudos