This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Application Monitors and SQL errors in Orion

Solarwinds support is having a hard time figuring this out and I am getting some really bad support on this so hopefully someone else out there is having this issue and can help out. I recently updated to NPM 7.5.1, NetFlow 4.2.1, DPA 10.2.0, NCM 7.5.0, VNQM 4.2.2.  Everything ran fine for a good 5 days then on Monday Nov 29h the CPU starting spiking and Orion would not load correctly and the server would lock up until I was able to go in and terminate the process.  I have been working with SolarWinds support and they have been less than helpful.  What I have found out is the CPU spikes and the process associated with it is tied to the SAM IIS application monitor.  On the solarwinds server I can check the event logs and the connection to Solarwinds and SQL seem to have an issue but there is no lag or any access issues at all.   The servers are 2008 R2 and are built to Solarwinds specs.  Let me know if anyone has any ideas at all or can point me in a direction.   Thanks!