This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Application Communication Encryption/Authentication

Hi All, we are currently in process of moving application to the cloud.  I have been asked to provide encryption  (TLS/SSL/SHA1 AES ect..) and authentication (AD, Local, WIndows, not authenticated) for all application flows residing on the network via SolarWinds Orion.   For the most part I am all good.  As an example

Protocol                                  Encryption              Auth

ICMP                                      N/A                         N/A

SNMP                                    SHA1 AES 128      Local ID/Password

Agent                                     TLS 1.2                  Self Signed Certificate

My primary question is related to the application communication flow 17777, 17778

SWIS 17777/17778                ?                             ?

Syslog:514                              ?                            ?

Ive reviewed the various port/firewall documents.   While these are great and were used extensively in the past, it does not provide the proper amount of detail required.    Does anyone have a link/doc in which the interworkings of the application network flows explain the potential authentication/encryption ?