This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Anything new on the horizon with Wireless module?

Can anyone at SW speak to hte future of the wireless module? Is there an upgrade in the works? If so, an approximate timeframe?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

We are actively working on new functionality.  I can't give a timeframe.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I know the challenges with the wireless module will not likely be overcome overnight but its been several months since ive bugged you about what sort of direction SW would be considering with future wireless module revisions. Any chance you could offer any hints as to what is being considered??

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Look for support for at least some wireless controllers.

• Well we just purchased Orion NPM with the Wireless module with the understanding it would work with our Cisco LWAPP environment....but to my surprise....

I hope this changes soon because my boss is going to love that we just wasted money on something that we cannot use.

new customer and disappointed already......

• Sorry to hear about that misunderstanding. The good news is that LWAPP support is on top of the wireless roadmap. I can't share a commited date or functionallity now but stay tuned.

Andy

• Chadder,

I agree. We also purchased Orion NPM with the Wireless Module, in December 07, with the misconceived understanding that it would support Cisco WLC and LWAP. No where that I saw did SW advertizements indicate that it was not compatible with LWAP. We started complaining about this to SolarWinds in February 2008. SW's standard answer was that it would be in a future release that was coming up, just around the corner. SW refused to refund the money for the product which I feel was misrepresented. However, SW did offer to sell us a maintenance agreement for this product that we can not use.

I feel SolarWinds should have been more forth coming about the limitations of their software. It would be a nice gesture if SW would give customers who purchased this product free maintenance on the product -- for a year after when Wireless Monitor does finally support WLC and LWAP.

I hope your boss is more understanding about the purchase of this "limited use" software than mine was.

Eric

• ---------------------------------------- ...I don't know, what does happen when you drop your Blackberry in the toilet?

Funny you should ask... just a few days ago, my brother's Blackberry Pearl dropped through a storm drain, and landed in about 9 inches of water. We got a ladder, climbed down there and fished it out. It was STILL ON. We dabbed off the extra water, removed the battery, opened the case and let the residual water dry out. It still works!

• Cisco Controller and Thin AP support is coming very soon, first half of this year

• Is there feature/function information available for the new support?