cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Announcing General Availability of NPM 10.6

We are proud to announce the General Availability of Orion NPM 10.6.  Below you will find a set of the major features with this new release. 

• New reporting with new canned reports
  • New Top XX Canned Reports
  • UnDP (custom pollers) on Maps
  • Improved BigIP F5 Interface Polling Support
  • Add filtering capabilities to Custom Chart
  • World Map
  • Un-manage/maintenance window improvements
  • Traps / Syslog rule improvements
  • DB manager improvements
  • Charting: Fixing the label issue

You can download the new release from your customer portal.

Also, please find the release notes here

Read all about the fantastic features included in Orion NPM 10.6 here: or here:

If you are specifically interested in how to use new reporting you may find this video useful.

We are listening so you may see things from Feature Request forum like:

http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/1139

Report Writer Search Feature | thwack

More Export options | thwack

UnDP Status on Map Icons | thwack

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Level 12

Any thoughts on when Node Detail Tabs will honor account and view limitations?

0 Kudos
Level 16

look great just fix the

release notes link it's from 10.5

sja

0 Kudos
Level 13

and the support website (it shows 10.6 RC instead of 10.6) when creating a case.

I also found that the link to know more about world maps in the manage section is not working.

0 Kudos

should be fixed already. (try to clear browser cache if or hit ctrl +f5 to reload the page).

thanks,

Michal

Level 13

Just upgraded, everything went well!

Is there any way to put groups on the maps instead of only nodes? We have many sites spreaded around the province, and would like to put my groups of devices to make it clearer...

0 Kudos

this is on our list for v2

0 Kudos
Level 13

I'm glad, I had great hope for that feature. In fact we upgraded to 10.6 only for that. It will be nice to be directed to the group page instead of an equipment page when we click on the map point.

Also, another great feature would be to be able to place the maps on a local server. One of my clients access to NPM web interface through a Terminal server that does not have connection to the outside world. The map is then blank.

0 Kudos
Level 13

Just found out: Selection of multiple nodes will be displayed on the map as a group...

WOW! That means I have to reselect everything that belongs to each and every of my 20+ groups, and that when I add or substract a device from a group I will have to edit the map as well as the group membership? Argh...

0 Kudos