This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

All Nodes Showing as Down

This is my first post so I hope I'm posting in the right place. We are working on rolling out SolarWinds in our environment. We have a few test devices currently being monitored, a few Windows machines and 1 switch. We had an issue with our SolarWinds server that may be been the result of a patch or OS update (we are still looking into what caused the problem). The server is up and seems to be working properly except that all nodes, minus the 1 switch, are showing as being down. I've confirmed that the few systems we have in the console are not down but I can't get SolarWinds to recognize this. I've rebooted some of the "down" systems, did a rediscover, and even did a repair of the client on one server but nothing helped. We added another test machine and that appears correctly in the console so SolarWinds can see new nodes, just not the existing ones. I hope the solution is not to delete the nodes and re-add them. It's not a big deal now if that is the fix since this is not a production system yet but going forward I wouldn't what to have to delete thousands of nodes if this happens again.

Any suggestions or recommendations on how I could get SolarWinds to recognize the nodes properly would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.