cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

All Nodes Resource - How to Sort

I could swear prior to upgrading from 9.1 to 9.5 the All Nodes list in the web console was automatically sorted by node name. I tried editing the All Nodes resource, but I don't see a sorting option. Do I need to add some type of Sort By SQL query in the "Filter Nodes" box?

Jeff

Tags (1)
9 Replies
Level 14

Try using the 'All Nodes - AJAX' resource.  At least with this one, you can set three levels of sorting based upon any custom (or non-custom) property you've assigned to the device.  It sounds like the resource you're using is an older, legacy resource.

0 Kudos

Thanks - that does indeed sort them all as desired. The All Nodes - Table resource is even more appealing, but like the All Nodes list does not appear to offer any way to configure a sort order so the nodes are listed in no particular order.

Does anyone know of a way to add an ORDER BY SQL clause to the query being used on the back end?

Jeff

0 Kudos

Strange.  My 'All Nodes - Table' offers the ability to sort by any property in the database.

0 Kudos

I am running Orion NPM 2010.2.1 and for some reason I cannot find the EDIT button in my "All Nodes" section.  It used to be there in previous versions, but it isn't there now.  I am the SolarWinds administrator in our facility.  I feel like I'm missing some small detail.  Could someone help me find it again? 

Thanks

0 Kudos

Dang.  Please ignore previous two posts - now I see what you mean.  The options are filter options, not sort options.  Sorry, chief. 😞

0 Kudos

Is the issue that they are not listed alphabetically?

0 Kudos

That is correct - I just want an alphabetical list.

0 Kudos

OK we have a defect in the system on this right now against 9.5, we are looking to resolve in an SP

0 Kudos

One other thing you might want to try is turning of the WWW service on the server, renaming your 'C:\Inetpub\Solarwinds' directory to something else, then re-running the configuration wizard but only re-installing the website.  If after you add the 'All Nodes - Table' resource works and everything else looks good, just remove the old directory.  Of course, this assumes that you have no custom made resources or modified code in the original directory.  Otherwise, you'll want to comb through and move those files back into the new 'C:\Inetpub\Solarwinds' directory.

0 Kudos