This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alerts stopped emailing....

Just found this while I was testing a new email alert. While testing I wasn't getting an email. I opened up the swAlert.log file and see

"The remote name could not be resolved: 'myexchangeservername' : System : at System.Net.ServicePoint.GetConnection(PooledStream PooledStream, Object Owner, Boolean async, IPAddress& address, Socket& abortSocket, Socket& abortSocket6, Int32 timeout)"

Yet I can ping and resolve the above name in a command prompt.

I stopped and started the Alert service - no difference. I decided to do a "stop everything" and then "start everything" to see if it would help. It did.....

I then tested the alert and got the email - one time then they stopped again. I checked the log file and same error message.

Any idea what is going on here? I am now going to reboot the server to see if it helps.

FOr what it's worth, the alert message contains a SQL query in it.....

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

since it says that the reason is timeout you might want to check your antivirus or any firewall on the system itself.  some antivirus like to stop it due to it being a massmail worm... and other firewalls need you to specifically allow it as normal traffic.

due to you being able to get it to work a few times before it dies i would lean towards it being the AV that is killing the email going out.