This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alerts for Pings

Hi all,

We are monitoring a part of our Network in another country, and are wondering, if its possible to set an alert between the servers on that network and say their netscreen to monitor for high pings ?

I have had a bit of a look at the advanced alerts, and tried something like  If community name = X (server comm name ), and Node Name = Netscreen and ping is less than 100 ( just for testing ), to email an alert, but it doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone else tried something like this ?

cheers

Paull 

• We did this for awhile on some of our more critical and remote nodes. You can do it with the response time option, and the as for the value, Orion provides you with a lot of suggestions.

Community = "Community1"
    Node Name = "Node1"
    ResponseTme < 100

This value is under the "Current Response Time" field under Network Nodes.

**EDIT**

My bad, I missed the whole part about it being between the netscreen and the servers. You could do pings from your Orion server, which is what we did, but not from another node. I looked at the average ping time for a while and then decided on an acceptable rate. Sorry, I'm not sure if this would work for your situation.