This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alerting and Custom Properties

I have been trying to figure this out and feel silly for asking but I cannot seem to find a good solution for the Alerting question below.

I have 9 different Offices that all need to have the same alerts trigger for their resources.  I have basically made a new alert for each site and set the email to send to their distribution group (2 alerts per site = 18 alerts so far).  This solution doesn't seem very efficient.  

I was told that a email custom property would help in this task but I'm not understanding how that would cut back on the alerts that I would need to create as each alert can only be assigned one responsible custom property.  How do I create one alert that, depending on the device that is triggered, will send to the correct group?

I have already created custom properties geo-tags depending on the responsible site but I only use that so I can build alert based off Nodes and not groups.  

Any help would be great.

Thanks