This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alerting / Graphing on Custom MIBS

Is it possible to build alerts around a custom MIB Poller? Also is it possible to build graphs on a Custom MIB?

For example, I have built several custom MIB pollers for my Cisco ASA device... things like Active IKE Tunnels, SSL Connections, etc.. I have assigned them to my ASA node, but cannot figure out how to graph the stats, or report/alert on them.

I plan to build more custom MIBS for thing like Citrix User Connections, Exchange Stats, etc..

But I don't want to spend the time on it If I can not retreive the historical data, or report on the polled values.

Anybody else have success with this?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Graphs and reports based on Universal Device Pollers (which is how we poll custom MIBs) are built into 9.x.

• That explains it... I am on ver 8.5.1.. Upgrading this weekend.

My understanding is I should have more custom MIB options after u upgrade?

• Hi Touellette,

Here is a tutorial that shows you how it works:Universal Device Poller Tutorial

You will have to create an advanced alert to trigger an alert based on a Universal Device Poller.

• Start > All Programs > Solarwinds Orion > Advanced Alert Manager
    • Click on Configure Alerts
    • Click on new to configure a new alert.
    • Type a name for your new alert.
    • Select the Trigger Condition tab.
    • For the type of property to monitor select Custom Node Poller or Custom Interface Poller. this will filter the condition options you will be allowed to use.
    • Add two simple conditions by clicking on the three dots.

First condition will be
    • Poller Name is equal to "Poller Name to select with the drop down button"

Poller name can be selected under Custom Node Pollers > Poller Name

Second condition will be
    • Poller Status is equal/greater/less/etc. than "Value"

Poller Status can be selected under Custom Node Pollers > Status.

Once Selected this you can setup any alert actions you need by configuring the Trigger Actions tab.

You can follow the below post as a start point to know how to make reports based on the UnDP results.

HTH,

Yann