This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert on ram and cpu usage

Is there a way to create an alert or advanced alert to shoot out a notification when ram or cpu usage on a particular node reaches a maximum level?  I currently use NPM 851 and I already monitor this feature on all nodes but currently view it through the web interface, but in the spirit of being more proactive we would like to receive alerts... 

•  From the  System Manager Select Alerts->Configure Basic Alerts from the Network Performance Monitor menu.
    Then click on the "New Alert" button.
    Select "% CPU Utilization" as the property to monitor.
    Then set the trigger to some value (say 85%) and the reset to some lower value.
    You can then add actions (email, paging, net messages, sound, text-to-speech, etc).

• I created 2 seperate alerts one for CPU and one for RAM, both have tested fine.  Thanks! I think...

We may have opened up a whole new can of worms on wanting to monitor CPU and RAM.