This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert messages, Devices removed/added

I've had a couple of strange occurrences recently in Orion NPM.

One day, about a week ago, I came in to a slew of alert messages saying that what appears to be every device and interface in Orion has been removed.  However, all of the devices were still there in the tree, and no statistics appeared to be missing.

This morning, at 11:04, it happened again.  I got alerts that all devices and interfaces have been removed.  Then at 11:06, I got messages saying that they were all added.  No data or statistics seem to be missing.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Ron

• Is it the same PC or server doing this?  Is it a random server?

We had this issue for a few servers and all we did was reintall the SNMP service and it fixed it.  This was on both linux and windows.

We seen that for some odd reason the snmp stopped polling and the DB would show as a removed server.  When the service corrected it self and polled it showed as a added server.  That is the best we came up with on our end.