This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert for date+time trigger only (SWQL alarm clock)

Hey all,

Surprised I'm having so much trouble with what I thought would be pretty straightforward. What I'm trying to accomplish is to create an alert that triggers just simply on a specific date+time. (Say, 6 months from today, I want an alert to trigger that also sends an email, *hey, reminder, time to do that thing*.) I know, easier ways to set a calendar reminder, but this was just a thought as a secondary.

I thought I might be able to create a custom SWQL alert that maybe says "when 1=1", and set it to evaluate the trigger condition every 4380 hours, or whatever 6 months is. But I'm so far at a dead end there.

I also thought I might be able to just pull a timestamp off of the most recent alert triggered in Orion.AlertHistory, if its past a certain date, trigger the alert. But I don't actually see that table as pollable from custom alert configuration.

Any insight would be much appreciated. I'll keep banging my head against the keyboard too. I feel like I should have figured this out by now...