cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Alert for date+time trigger only (SWQL alarm clock)

Jump to solution

Hey all,

Surprised I'm having so much trouble with what I thought would be pretty straightforward. What I'm trying to accomplish is to create an alert that triggers just simply on a specific date+time. (Say, 6 months from today, I want an alert to trigger that also sends an email, *hey, reminder, time to do that thing*.) I know, easier ways to set a calendar reminder, but this was just a thought as a secondary.

I thought I might be able to create a custom SWQL alert that maybe says "when 1=1", and set it to evaluate the trigger condition every 4380 hours, or whatever 6 months is. But I'm so far at a dead end there.

I also thought I might be able to just pull a timestamp off of the most recent alert triggered in Orion.AlertHistory, if its past a certain date, trigger the alert. But I don't actually see that table as pollable from custom alert configuration.

Any insight would be much appreciated. I'll keep banging my head against the keyboard too. I feel like I should have figured this out by now...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Got 'er. No SWQL/SQL needed. I created an alert to alert on a specific node - I picked ORION (127.0.0.1. So it's pointing at itself.) and for the trigger condition I set as 'Node Name = ORION' which will always be true. Then I used time of day to set for whatever day I want to be alerted. Works like a charm. 💪

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 12

You can do it in SWQL or in SQL, or just use the "Time of day" feature

Seashore_0-1589784850028.png

0 Kudos

So I've seen the time feature, but it's the trigger condition that I need to get figured. I just need some way to say "trigger condition = true."  and then set the alert to only be active for that one day.

0 Kudos

Got 'er. No SWQL/SQL needed. I created an alert to alert on a specific node - I picked ORION (127.0.0.1. So it's pointing at itself.) and for the trigger condition I set as 'Node Name = ORION' which will always be true. Then I used time of day to set for whatever day I want to be alerted. Works like a charm. 💪

View solution in original post

0 Kudos