Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

Alert for a UnDP

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please help.

I need to create an alert for UnDP, where Value from UnDP greater then Value from another UnDP.

For example UnDP iemStatusProbeCurrentTemp Value greater then iemConfigProbeMaxTempThreshold Value

This is APC UPS OID's where iemStatusProbeCurrentTemp show a current temp, and iemConfigProbeMaxTempThreshold show a treshold value.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 17

Why not setup a UnDP transform that computes the difference between the two pollers? You can then create you alert on the transform poller value > 0

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Hello bardeev.

An option would be to set the warning and critical thresholds for the poller, and then define the alert based on the poller being in a warning or critical state

2015-08-20 10_21_12-Custom Poller Thresholds.png

2015-08-20 10_25_54-Add New Alert - _CP_.png

Hello,

You are right, but it won't be universal, each UPS can have their own thresholds.

0 Kudos

In That case you could create multiple pollers, giving each a unique name, e,g instead of creating a UNDP called UPS_TEMP and assigning it to multiple nodes you would create

UPS_TEMP_NODE _1

UPS_TEMP_NODE_2

UPS_TEMP_NODE_xxxx

You can then define individual thresholds for each poller and can define a single alert for all pollers

Level 17

Why not setup a UnDP transform that computes the difference between the two pollers? You can then create you alert on the transform poller value > 0

View solution in original post

Thanks, I was just thinking about it.

0 Kudos
Level 11

This can only be done using SQL?

I wasn't able to do it using the designer.

0 Kudos