This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert for Temperature

I'm having problem configuring a alert for temperature:

I create a report to show the temperature of the devices (°C):

temp.jpg

I want create an alert when the SYSTEM BOARD INLET TEMP or SYSTEM BOARD AMBIENT TEMP is above 30º C.

This is the trigger condiction. The trigger action is send an email.

temp2.jpg

When I perform the test in a node with temperature less than 30º C, the alert triggers and sends an email. The submitted value is always 3600, which is the value of FAN sensor. Not getting the temperature value that I want. Can anyone help me?

• Hi Taina,

Momentarily you want to take temperature value that it's mutable.

Are you create the reset condition ?

• Regarding the alert test, I believe it's because when you run a test in Alert Manager you cannot select what Hardware Sensor you want to test against therefore it returns the first sensor for that node (in this case, the fan sensor). Another way you can test this specific alert is change the Hardware Sensor Value to be greater than or equal to 10.  As your current temperature is 16, it should trigger the alert and send the email. If it works, you can then go back and modify it back to 30.

To trigger off either the Inlet Temp or Ambient Temp, you can use the following:

pastedImage_2.png

• Thank you very much your answer was helpful.