This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert date and time display

Good morning,

Currently my system is showing alerts in this format,  "dd/mm/yy". How can I change the settings so the alerts are shown in this format, "mm/dd/yy"?

Thank you.

• Hi dufer,

displayed date format depends on your browser settings. Check which language is prefered in the browser and change it according your location/format needs.

Thanks,

Pavel

• If the above suggestion doesn't work for you, check the settings for windows itself in Control Panel, Regional and Language Options. Change the language to your preferred one or just click on customize and change the date display there.

orion.jpg

• The date and time are set correctly on laptop and also on the server where the Orion Suite lives. My laptop shows today's date as 01/03/2013 (January 3, 2013). All of my alerts show as 3/1/2013. Holy cow, this is getting very frustrating. Any other suggestions?

• Hi dufer,

it should be exactly as Pavel said. The displayed time format doesn't depend on OS regional settings, only on the regional settings of the browser you are using (remember your preffered language must be at top of the list of languages in the browser). I don't know your native language, but for the dd/mm time format should be English (Australia), etc. language set as preffered fine for you.

It seems your browser has set preffered language to the one which uses mm/dd format.

Honza

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

${DateTime} variable was broken in NPM 10.2 and 10.3 and date is reported as 1/1/2013 06:00PM.  In pre-10.2 versions, ${DateTime} was reported in long form; '${DayOfWeek}, ${MonthName} ${DD}, ${YYYY} ${Time}'. I was told it would be fixed in 10.4 (Case # 360826 - ${DateTime} variable has changed) but we are still running 10.3.1 so I can't confirm it is fixed in 10.4.  Any feedback on if it is fixed would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Hope this helps.

• Have you checked your browser settings on the Orion server as per Pavel's suggestion?

Go to Tools, Internet Options. Click on the Languages button and you'll see the following.

orion.jpg

Make sure the Language is set correctly to a language that uses mm/dd/yyyy.

• Thanks for all the suggestions. It appears Firefox does not play well with the Orion Suite; I changed to Google Chrome and the date/time are now correct. Weird.

• Hi Dufer,

what version of FireFox do you use? This should work on all supported versions nad types of browsers. If it doesn't then we need to investigate.

Thanks,

Pavel

• I have Firefox version 17.0.1

As an update, I just updated Firefox to version 18.0 and the alert dates still show as dd/mm/yyyy using that program.

I cleared the cache Firefox and still did not get the required date setting, mm/dd/yyyy. As soon as I installed Google Chrome, everything was as I preferred it.

• I see, can you check what language is selected as default in your browser, please?

thanks,

Pavel