This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert Woes

Okay - I'm at my wits end here.

I"m using the Advanced Alert Manager. What I would like to do is make a node down alert that will not alert if the Machine Type is XP or 7. I've tried supressing the alert is any of the following apply and also trigger if "node is down & machine type is not xp (or 7)".

When I test the alert I still get my trigger actions....  What am I missing!

Thanks,

Ed

• You don't want to use the suppression tab as it likely won't do what you expect.  If anything in the database matches the criteria in the suppression tab then the alert wont' fire; it's treated as a completely separate query from the alert trigger query.

To accomplish what you are tying to do you need to have it all as part of the alert trigger... I actually do something very similar with my node down alert.  What you want is a Node Down alert that looks something like the following...

Trigger when ALL of the following...

Trigger when any of the following

Node type is NOT XP

Node type is NOT Windows 7

I think something like that should work for you.  Hope this helps!

P.S.  There is also a great technical reference located HERE on advanced alerting.

• Okay - I just figured out that that I can add a 'Condition Group'. Thanks for that, Mind blown!

I just tried before you posted:

Trigger when ANY of the following:

Node is down

Node is not XP

Node is not 7

That sent me about 1200 emails and texts. Not so cool. Logic FAIL.

Are you suggesting:

Trigger when ALL of the following:

Node is down

Trigger when ANY of the following:

Node is NOT XP

Node is NOT 7

Thanks,

Ed

Message was edited by: Ed.Willson

• Yes, that is what I had intended to say, sorry I missed a line there.